Hope you are enjoying the vROps 6.6 Whats’s New Series. I took a little break from writing, but I am back with some more goodness around vROps 6.6. One of the key features which was shipped out in this realese is called the Workload Balance.
In my first post of this What’s New Series, I wrote in brief about Fully Automated Workload Balance. Here is a quick recap of what I highlighted about this feature.
- Fully Automated Workload Balancing:
- Ensures performance across the datacenter’s with fully automated workload balancing, across clusters and across data stores.
- Ensures DRS Configurations and provides the option to set DRS automation level for individual objects.
- Predictive DRS takes action to preempt resource contention.
- Utilizes operations analytics to optimize initial placement of workloads through vRealize Automation.
In the upcoming vROps Webinar Series, I will go deep into this topic to explain how vROps Workload Balance can help you proactively avoid performance problem by using the Mobility Aspects of a VM with time trusted technologies such as vMotion and Storage vMotion.
Apart from being proactive on moving virtual machines across clusters, Workload Balance also helps you track the configuration of DRS which plays a big role in moving virtual machines within the cluster.
With Custom Datacenters (a construct of vRealize Operations Manager), you can create your mini datacenters of your favorite clusters with like properties and move virtual machines between these clusters to avoid any performance bottlenecks and effectively utilize the capacity.
Watch out for the announcement for the next webinar episode where we will see all this goodness in action.
In the mean-time, see this video from Matt Bradford who works as a Technical Account Manager at VMware and also runs a wonderful blog named vmspot.com
Matt explains both Workload Balance and Predictive DRS with some great examples. See him in action below:
Share & Spread the Knowledge!!